October 26, 2019
Live your Yes with RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis)!
- Free and Open to the Public, Register Here
- Samantha Shapiro, MD, Rheumatologist, UT Health Austin Musculoskeletal Institute
Being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis is a life-changing experience. But there’s a lot you can do to take control of your situation – and we’re here to help you. This free event is an opportunity unlike any other you’ve had – you’ll receive expert guidance from a local rheumatologist and learn to set and track your own health goals, communicate more effectively with your doctor and other tips and tricks on how to live better with your RA. You will leave armed with the tools, education and support to start saying Yes more than No!
November 16, 2019
Myeloma Crowd Round Table
The Myeloma Crowd Round Table are day-long patient education meetings featuring world class experts to assist patients and caregivers to make decisions about their treatment and care. UT Health Austin LIVESTRONG Cancer Institutes Hematologic Oncologist, William Matsui, MD will be one of the presenters at this event. The presentations make the most difficult issues in myeloma research and treatment—high-risk, relapsed and refractory disease—understandable in plain language. Myeloma Crowd Round Tables provide patients and caregivers updated information to help make informed treatment decisions.
- Myeloma Crowd Roundtable Information and Registration
- Open to the public, $25 registration fee
Thursday, November 14, 2019
FREE Lunch and Learn Series Pediatric Neuroscience Forum for Parents and Caregivers
Join us for a chef-prepared luncheon and presentations from Drs. Steve Roach, Karen L. Skjei and William Qubty. We’ll discuss the expansion of UT Health Austin Pediatric Neurosciences at Dell Children’s Medical Center; have a panel discussion and question and answer session with our nationally recognized neuroscience experts. Our experts will cover the medical and surgical treatment of pediatric epilepsy and seizure disorders and their interdisciplinary approach for treatment of headaches in adolescents and children.
If you are looking for information or resources on one of these topics, please join us for this FREE informative session. This event is part of a series of seminars to be held at:
October 19, 2019
2019 Austin Heart and Stroke Walk
Register or Donate Here
The American Heart Association (AHA) Heart & Stroke Walk is Saturday, October 19, 2019. UT Health Austin and Dell Children’s Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease encourages everyone to join a team and enjoy the walk.
APRIL 13, 2019
Arthritis Foundation: Walk to Cure Arthritis
MARCH 28, 2019
3RD Annual Free Caregiver’s Conference
SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER
Alzheimer’s Association: Walk to End Alzheimer’s Round Rock and Austin
- Led by the UT Health Austin Cognitive Disorders Center team raised over $1900 for the Alzheimer’s Association
Austin Woman 16th Anniversary Luncheon
Your Health, Your Medical School Community Event, July 21, 2018
- UT Health Austin shared information about services and specialties offered at the Clinic with community members at Rodriguez Elementary.
Arthritis Foundation: Walk to Cure Arthritis, June 2, 2018
- 25+ Registered UT Health Austin team Members
- Raised $3960.00 for the Arthritis Foundation
- Staffed the Medical Tent at the finish line
- Researcher Andrea Leyton-Mange sang the National Anthem
Austin Woman: Woman’s Way Business Awards, May 17, 2018
- UT Health Austin presents the Health and Wellness Award to SpiBelt
- Ob/Gyn Christina Salazar, MD presented the award
- In attendance from the Women’s Health Institute: Rebecca Rogers, MD; Mayra Robles, Maureen Christian, Teresa Reed
- 500+ women attended the event at the JW Marriott