APRIL 13, 2019
Arthritis Foundation: Walk to Cure Arthritis
Join Team UT Health Austin at the Arthritis Foundation Walk to Cure Arthritis at Concordia University. This family-friendly, pet-friendly walk is open to all. If you cannot walk or run, consider a donation. Register or Donate HERE.
11400 Concordia University Drive
Austin, TX 78726-1887
Walk Route- click here
9:00 a.m. Check-in/Registration
10:00 a.m. Walk Starts
MARCH 28, 2019
3RD ANNUAL FREE CAREGIVER’S CONFERENCE
Being a caregiver doesn’t come with an instruction manual, but there are resources available to help. Join us March 28th, 2019 from 8am to 3pm at the Jewish Community Center for our 3rd Annual Caregiver Conference. Caregivers will learn valuable tools on self-compassion, everyday activities for a loved one with Alzheimer’s, and have the opportunity to ask questions to a local neurologist, Dr. John Bertelson.
REGISTRATION IS FREE! Register HERE.
To view the Agenda for the day, click here.
SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER
Alzheimer’s Association: Walk to End Alzheimer’s Round Rock and Austin
- Led by the UT Health Austin Cognitive Disorders Center team raised over $1900 for the Alzheimer’s Association
Austin Woman 16th Anniversary Luncheon
LIVESTRONG Honor 5K and 10K
- Sunday, September 23, 2018, Start 7:30 a.m
- Auditorium Shores, 900 W. Riverside Dr. , Austin, TX 78704
- UT Health Austin Musculoskeletal Institute Medical Tent
- Register Here and stop by the UT Health Austin table to say hello!
Your Health, Your Medical School Community Event, July 21, 2018
- UT Health Austin shared information about services and specialties offered at the Clinic with community members at Rodriguez Elementary.
Arthritis Foundation: Walk to Cure Arthritis, June 2, 2018
- 25+ Registered UT Health Austin team Members
- Raised $3960.00 for the Arthritis Foundation
- Staffed the Medical Tent at the finish line
- Researcher Andrea Leyton-Mange sang the National Anthem
Austin Woman: Woman’s Way Business Awards, May 17, 2018
- UT Health Austin presents the Health and Wellness Award to SpiBelt
- Ob/Gyn Christina Salazar, MD presented the award
- In attendance from the Women’s Health Institute: Rebecca Rogers, MD; Mayra Robles, Maureen Christian, Teresa Reed
- 500+ women attended the event at the JW Marriott