About the Imaging Center
UT Health Austin's Imaging Center is a part of the whole-person focus you receive from our specialty care teams. There is no need to make an appointment days or weeks in advanced or leave to get your imaging done at another location. If your provider orders an imaging study, in most cases, your imaging can be performed as part of your scheduled appointment. By offering the services you need at the time of your appointment, this efficient, collaborative model of care helps to save you precious time.
Lab and Test Results
Your imaging results may appear in your MyUTHA Patient Portal before your provider has had a chance to review them and make recommendations. Your provider will notify you through your patient portal once they have reviewed your results.
Advanced Imaging Center
Advanced Imaging Options:
- CT (Computed Tomography) - Diagnostic imaging test used to create detailed images of internal organs, bones, soft tissue, and blood vessels.
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) - MRI produces detailed images of the body's internal organs, muscles, or bones that are clearer and more detailed, enabling your provider to identify or see the characteristics of disease.
- PET/CT (Positron Emission Tomography - Computed Tomography) - Diagnostic imaging test that helps your provider evaluate body changes at the cellular level. PET/CT may detect the early onset of disease before it can be detected on other imaging tests.
- Upper Body - Elbow, Fingers, Forearm, Hands, Humerus, Shoulders, Wrists
- Lower Body - Ankle, Femur, Foot, Hip, Knee, Pelvis, Toes
- Fluoroscopy Studies - Barium Enema, Barium Swallows, IVP, Modified Barium Swallows, Upper Gastrointestinal Series
- Other Diagnostic X-Ray Studies - Abdomen/Pelvis, Bone Age and Length, Chest X-Ray, Ribs, Scoliosis, Spine (Cervical, Lumbar Sacral, Thoracic)
Additional Diagnostic Studies:
- Bone Densitometry - Bone Density and Body Composition
- Ultrasound - Abdomen/Upper Pelvis/Lower Extremities, Transvaginal Ultrasound, Vascular Studies (Arterial, Carotid, Venous Doppler)
- Women's Health - 3D Mammography and Bone Density Screening
UT Health Austin is housed in the Health Transformation Building (HTB). The HTB is located in downtown Austin, TX on The University of Texas at Austin campus and neighbors the Dell Medical School research and learning buildings as well as the Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas.
This facility is outfitted with the latest state-of-the-art technology and organized to support an unmatched level of multidisciplinary care. Patients have access to all of the resources and amenities UT Health Austin has to offer, including attached garage parking, comfortable waiting areas, an on-site cafe, a full-service H-E-B pharmacy, advanced imaging, and lab testing, and an Ambulatory Surgery Center for same-day surgical care.