Managing cancer is hard enough, without having to search for what you need. When you visit the UT Health Austin LIVESTRONG Cancer Institutes, we want your visit to be worry-free so we’ve prepared the information below so you know what to expect at your first visit and each one after.
Your First Visit
We know that getting ready to visit UT Health Austin for the first time can be stressful. Our team has compiled a checklist that will make it easier to prepare for your first appointment.
Log in to your MyUTHA Patient Portal
- Make check-in faster by completing questionnaires before your visit.
- Learn more about our patient portal and how to find what you need.
Organize medical records
- Your access coordinator will review all of the necessary medical documents we would like you to bring for your first appointment.
Check insurance coverage
- View our list of accepted health insurance plans to determine if you are covered. If you do not have insurance or need financial assistance, we can help.
What to bring with you
- In addition to the medical information your access coordinator has gone over with you, here is a helpful list to prepare for your visit.
What to expect when you get here
We know new places can be scary and bit overwhelming. If you have questions once you arrive, look for our Concierge staff in the teal shirts on each floor.
- Registering as a patient: remember to bring your valid photo ID and your insurance card.
- An access coordinator will help you:
- Complete and sign your consent forms
- Review your insurance benefits and work through financial concerns
Your first visit will include time with your doctor and/or CaLM care team, who will:
- Review your medical history;
- Perform a physical exam;
- Your access coordinator will schedule any further testing;
- Your doctor and care team will discuss next steps with you and your family.
UT Health Austin provides interpreters for medical visits, free of charge. Please request language, including sign language, interpreter services when scheduling your appointment.
About the Health Transformation Building
Directions and Parking:
The UT Health Austin Cancer Center is located in the Health Transformation Building, 1601 Trinity St., Austin, 78712. The building can be accessed from the first floor or the parking garage elevator. Handicap parking is available on every floor of the garage next to the elevator lobby. (HTB Map - PDF)
- Parking is available in the attached Health Center Garage (HCG) - HCG Parking Rates
- Metered street parking is also available. City of Austin Metered Parking Rates
Alternatives to Driving Downtown:
- Ride the Bus: For information about bus routes, visit Capital Metro at capmetro.org. Bus stop 866 is located in front of the Health Transformation Building.
- Use a ride service: Ride Austin, Uber or Lyft
The Health Transformation Building has a cafe located on the 1st floor of the building. The Nourish Cafe adheres to healthy eating principles and serves food, sandwiches, snacks and beverages from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm Monday through Friday. Coffee, gluten-free and vegetarian offerings are available upon request. The Nourish Cafe accepts credit, debit cards and cash.