Community Cancer Advisory Board
The Livestrong Cancer Institutes’ Community Cancer Advisory Board is made up of cancer patients, survivors, and loved ones who work directly with clinical providers and staff to recognize gaps in support for cancer patients and to rethink cancer care. Their personal experiences make them experts on what matters most to those navigating a cancer diagnosis. These advisors work closely with the Livestrong Cancer Institutes on identifying needs in patient education, research, and evaluation initiatives, including the evaluation of the Livestrong Cancer Institutes’ CaLM Model of Whole-Person Cancer Care.
Joining the Community Cancer Advisory Board
The Community Cancer Advisory Board is always looking for creative advisors who are willing to help further develop the CaLM care model.
Advisors have the unique opportunity to:
- Gain a better understanding of the healthcare system and service delivery
- Share their personal opinions, experiences, and perspectives
- Inform patient care
- Enhance the cancer care experience
- Become advocates for patient and family-centered health care in their community
- Improve how patients become active participants in their own health care
- Connect with peers who have also experienced cancer or cared for someone with cancer
If you have been directly impacted by cancer and are interested in joining the Community Cancer Advisory Board, please reach out to the Livestrong Cancer Institutes at CaLM@austin.utexas.edu.