Access your UT Health Austin patient records through the Health app available on iPhone running iOS 11.3 or later. By accessing your health records through your iPhone, you can keep track of key parts of your patient record, including any known allergies, conditions, immunizations, lab results, medications, procedures, vitals, and more.
To access your UT Health Austin health records from your iPhone, please follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open the Health app on your iPhone
- Step 2: Choose "Add an Account" under Health Records
- Step 3: Search for UT Health Austin
- Step 4: Click "Connect to Account"
- Step 5: Log in with the username and password you normally use to access your MyUTHA Patient Portal
If you don’t already have a user name and password, you can create one by calling our Access Center at 1-833-UT-CARES (1-833-882-2737) to establish login credentials.
Once you log in, your health records will begin to appear in the Health app and you will be notified when new records are ready to view. Your health record data is kept secure, as it is encrypted and protected via the passcode, Touch ID, or Face ID security settings enabled on your iPhone.
Benefits of Using the Health App
The Health app on your iPhone allows you to easily access and keep track of your health records. Data is displayed across seven categories—allergies, conditions, immunizations, lab results, medications, procedures, and vitals—in a simple, aggregated timeline view.
Keeps your data secure:
- Health record data is kept secure, as it is encrypted and protected via the passcode, Touch ID, or Face ID security settings enabled on your iPhone
Allows you to view category-specific details, such as:
- Prescriber name, dosage, and instructions for prescription medications
- Reason, outcome, and complications associated with procedures
- Reason for immunizations
- Reference ranges for lab results and vitals
- Severity of allergy reactions
- Status and severity of conditions
Helps you stay up to date with your health:
- You can download historical and future health records
- As new records become available, they show up instantly in your Health app without you having to do anything
- Notifications are sent to inform you as new records become available
- Your existing patient portal connects you to a variety of services for a given health system
- You can view activity, heart rate, nutrition, and other health data consolidated from your iPhone, Apple Watch, and other third-party apps
Can connect to multiple health systems:
- Connect to more than one health system to easily access your health records in one place
- Additional health systems can join at any time
- You can find out whether a specific health system is supported by choosing "Add an Account" under Health Records in the Health app