Erin Gottlieb, MD
Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesiologist , Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease
Austin, TX 78723
University of Texas Medical Branch, M.D.
University of Pennsylvania, B.A.
Anesthesiology Residency, University of Texas Medical Branch
Pediatric Anesthesiology and Pediatric Cardiovascular Anesthesiology Fellowship, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children’s Hospital
Erin Gottlieb, MD is highly experienced pediatric cardiac anesthesiologist with the UT Health Austin Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease. Dr. Gottlieb has special expertise in anesthesia for neonates undergoing complex congenital heart surgery. One of her interests is the management of post cardiopulmonary bypass coagulopathy, and she has developed a goal-directed evidence-based guideline for its treatment. She served as the chair of the Transfusion Committee for the Texas Children’s Hospital. Communication with patients and families and among members of the health care team and its utilization in optimizing patient outcome is very important to Dr. Gottlieb. She is presently pursuing a Master’s Degree in Health Care Management from the Harvard School of Public Heath. Her goal is to provide the best possible perioperative and anesthetic care to patients with congenital heart disease undergoing surgical and catheter-based procedures. She is a member of various professional societies including, but not limited to the American Society of Anesthesiologists, Texas Society of Anesthesiologists, Society for Pediatric Anesthesia, Congenital Cardiac Anesthesia Society, Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists, International Anesthesia Research Society and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
“My passion is the delivery of the highest quality anesthesia and perioperative care to the most fragile and complex patients with heart disease. I am beyond thrilled to join the team at UT Health Austin and Dell Children’s.”
- Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesiology
- Anesthesia for Neonates
- Management of Post Cardiopulmonary Bypass Coagulopathy
- American Board of Anesthesiology
- American Board of Anesthesiology Subspecialty Certification in Pediatric Anesthesiology
Awards & Honors
- Star Faculty Award for Excellence in Patient Care, Baylor College of Medicine, 2018
- Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists Thoracic Anesthesia Symposium Best Difficult Case Abstract, 2015
- Fulbright and Jaworski, LLP Faculty Excellence Award Development of Enduring Educational Materials, Baylor College of Medicine, 2014