Erin Gottlieb, MD
Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesiologist , Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease
Austin, TX 78723
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, MD
University of Pennsylvania, BA
Residency, Anesthesiology, The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
Fellowship, Pediatric Anesthesiology and Pediatric Cardiovascular Anesthesiology, Texas Children’s Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine
Erin Gottlieb, MD, is a board-certified pediatric cardiac anesthesiologist in UT Health Austin’s Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease at Dell Children’s Medical Center. She specializes in administering anesthesia for neonates undergoing complex congenital heart surgery. Additionally, Dr. Gottlieb is an associate professor in the Dell Medical School Department of Surgery and Perioperative Care.
Dr. Gottlieb earned her medical degree from The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston and is pursuing a master’s in health care management from Harvard School of Public Health. She completed a residency in anesthesiology at The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston and a fellowship in pediatric anesthesiology and pediatric cardiovascular anesthesiology at Texas Children’s Hospital.
Dr. Gottlieb served as the chair of the Transfusion Committee for the Texas Children’s Hospital. She is interested in the management of post-cardiopulmonary bypass coagulopathy, and she has developed a goal-directed, evidence-based guideline for its treatment. She is a member of various professional societies, including the American Society of Anesthesiologists, the Texas Society of Anesthesiologists, the Society for Pediatric Anesthesia, the Congenital Cardiac Anesthesia Society, the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists, the International Anesthesia Research Society, and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Anesthesia for neonates
- Management of post-cardiopulmonary bypass coagulopathy
- Pediatric cardiac anesthesiology
- American Board of Anesthesiology, Anesthesiology
- American Board of Anesthesiology, Pediatric Anesthesiology
Awards & Honors
- Best Difficult Case Abstract, Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists Thoracic Anesthesia Symposium
- Fulbright and Jaworski, LLP Faculty Excellence Award for Development of Enduring Educational Materials, Baylor College of Medicine
- Star Faculty Award for Excellence in Patient Care, Baylor College of Medicine