J. Stuart Wolf, Jr., MD, FACS
Medical Director, Ambulatory Surgery Center
Urologist, Ambulatory Surgery Center
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, MD
Northwestern University, BS
Residency, Urology, University of California, San Francisco
Fellowship, Endourology, Washington University in St. Louis
Biography and Education
J. Stuart Wolf, Jr., MD, FACS, is a board-certified urologist and the Medical Director of UT Health Austin’s Ambulatory Surgery Center. He has over 20 years of experience. Additionally, Dr. Wolf is a professor and serves as both the Associate Chair of Clinical Integration and Operations and the Chief of the Division of Surgical Subspecialties for the Dell Medical School Department of Surgery and Perioperative Care.
Dr. Wolf earned his medical degree from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and his bachelor’s from Northwestern University. He completed a residency in urology at the University of California, San Francisco and a fellowship in endourology/laparoscopy at Washington University in St. Louis, where he trained under the endourology pioneer Ralph Clayman.
Dr. Wolf has served as the Director of the Division of Endourology, Director of the Endourology/Laparoscopy Fellowship, and Associate Urology Department Chair for Surgical Services at the University of Michigan. Early in his career, he garnered extramural funding for basic science research before his interests moved to clinic research. His most recent work focuses on urinary calculi, kidney cancer, and upper urinary tract obstruction as well as a variety or quality improvement and patient safety topics. An author of more than 300 peer-reviewed articles and videos, and more than 150 invited publications, he has served on the editorial boards of 11 journals. His scholarly work has been recognized by awards and/or research grants from the American Foundation for Urologic Disease, the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Endourological Society, the American Society of Transplant Surgeons, the American Urological Association, and more.
- General urology
- Urologic aspects of transplantation
- American Board of Urology
Awards & Honors
- Austin Monthly Top Doctor
- Faculty Service Award, University of Michigan Department of Urology
- Inaugural David A. Bloom Professor, University of Michigan Department of Urology
- League of Educational Excellence, University of Michigan Medical School Outstanding Achievement Award, University of Michigan Department of Urology
- Member, American Association of Genitourinary Surgeons
- Program Director’s Award, Endourological Society
- Silver Cystoscope Award for Residency Teaching Excellence, University of Michigan Department of Urology
- Trustee of the American Board of Urology