Mariel Cannady, PsyD
Psychologist , UT Health Austin Pediatric Psychiatry at Dell Children’s
Austin, TX 78723
James Madison University, ED.S.- School Psychology
James Madison University, Psy.D. - Clinical/School Psychology
Dr. Cannady is a licensed psychologist at UT Health Austin Pediatric Psychiatry at Dell Children’s and a Nationally Certified School Psychologist. She earned her doctorate in clinical and school psychology at James Madison University in Virginia. She has completed interdisciplinary training in neurodevelopmental disorders through the LEND program at Virginia Commonwealth University. She completed an APA-accredited internship at the Texas Child Study Center/Dell Children’s Medical Center in Austin, Texas. Dr. Cannady has specialized training in behavior therapy and applied behavior analysis (ABA), cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), and Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT). She is a Pediatric OCD Behavior Therapy Training Institute (BTTI) graduate.
Dr. Cannady specializes in working with children and families using well-researched procedures for assessment and intervention. Her specialties include working with children with anxiety, neurodevelopmental disorders such as ADHD and ASD, and challenging behaviors such as mild aggression, tantrums, and non-compliance.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorders (OCD)
- Licensed Psychologist
- Licensed Specialist in School Psychology
Awards & Honors
- Most Distinguished Award in Research, Teaching & Service, James Madison University, 2015
- Autism Fellow, Virginia Commonwealth University Partnership for People with Disabilities/Univ. Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities, 2010