Margaret Whitney, MD, NCMP
Obstetrician Gynecologist , Women’s Health Institute
Conversational Spanish , French
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, M.D.
Residency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine
Fellowship, Advanced Pelvic Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine
Margaret Whitney, MD, NCMP, is an obstetrician/gynecologist providing comprehensive health care to women of all ages. She has special expertise in the areas of vulvar disorders, menopause and gynecologic surgery. An Assistant Professor of Women’s Health at Dell Medical School, Dr. Whitney enjoys teaching residents and medical students as part of her work. She also values the role of education in the care of her patients.
As a teen, Dr. Whitney spent several summers volunteering with AmeriCorps at a camp in the Texas Hill Country which led her to Saint Edward’s University and eventually to medical school in San Antonio, Texas. During her medical residency, she served on inpatient and outpatient quality committees, including reducing first birth cesarean sections. She continues to work in similar groups at UT Health Austin and Dell Medical School.
- Burning or shooting pain, stinging, or irritation of the vulva (Vulvodynia)
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
- Obstetrical and Gynecologic Services
- Vulvar Dermatoses
Awards & Honors
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists: “Recognition of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology”
- Medical Student Teaching Award
- MVP Quality Award, Reducing First Birth Cesarean Sections