Lloyd Berg, PhD, ABPP
Psychologist , Mulva Clinic for the Neurosciences
The University of Texas at Austin, PhD, Counseling Psychology
The University of Texas at Austin, MA, Counseling Psychology
Clinical Internship, Counseling and Mental Health, The University of Texas at Austin
Lloyd Berg, PhD, ABPP, is a board-certified clinical health psychologist in UT Health Austin’s Mulva Clinic for the Neurosciences. He specializes in consultation-liaison psychology. Additionally, Dr. Berg is an associate professor and serves as the Division Chief of Psychology for the Dell Medical School Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences.
Dr. Berg earned both his doctorate and master’s in counseling psychology as well as his bachelor’s in psychology from The University of Texas at Austin, where he also completed a clinical internship in counseling and mental health. Before joining the psychiatry faculty, he served as the Director of Behavioral Science for the Central Texas Medical Foundation’s Family Medicine Residency and co-founded Austin’s first clinical health psychology specialty group. He has held faculty appointments with The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, and the Texas A&M University Health Science Center.
Dr. Berg is a fellow and past president of the American Academy of Clinical Health Psychology. He has been recognized by the American Psychological Association’s Society for Health Psychology for his outstanding contributions to clinical health psychology. His academic interests include integrated behavioral health training and conducting research on musician mental health. He is a past board chair of the SIMS Foundation, a nonprofit organization providing mental health services to the Austin music community.
- Consultation-liaison psychology
- Integrated behavioral health training
- Motivational interviewing
- American Board of Professional Psychology, Clinical Health Psychology
Awards & Honors
- Distinguished Service Award, Council of Presidents of Psychology Specialty Academies
- Excellence in Clinical Health Psychology Award, American Psychological Association Society for Health Psychology
- Fellow, American Academy of Clinical Health Psychology
- Volunteer of the Year Award, SIMS Foundation
- Weinberg Award for Excellence in Family Practice Education, Central Texas Medical Foundation