Kevin Bozic, MD, MBA
Executive Director, Orthopedic Surgeon , Musculoskeletal Institute
University of California, San Francisco, M.D.
Harvard Business School, MBA
Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Fellowship, Orthopaedic Traumatology, Massachusetts General Hospital
Kevin Bozic, MD, MBA is the Executive Director of the Musculoskeletal Institute at UT Health Austin and the inaugural Chair of Surgery and Perioperative Care at the Dell Medical School at The University of Texas at Austin. Dr. Bozic is a nationally-recognized surgeon who specializes in pain and inflammation of the hip and knee.
From a young age, Dr. Bozic was interested in science and math, the result of being from a long line of engineers. He says it was that interest coupled with a desire to help people that attracted him to medicine. After graduating from high school in Pennsylvania, Dr. Bozic earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biomedical Engineering from Duke University, a Medical Degree from University of California San Francisco Medical School, and a Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School.
Throughout his career, Dr. Bozic has championed value-based health care and payment models. At UT Health Austin, Dr. Bozic is bringing his passion for value-based health care into the clinic by understanding and measuring the things that matter most to people. “As a team, we try to understand a patient’s preferences and values,” explains Dr. Bozic. “When we understand their goals and what a patient hopes to achieve with treatment, that becomes the best measure of our success.”
Outside of the clinic, Dr. Bozic enjoys spending time on nearby lakes with his wife and three daughters, exercising, and cheering on Coach K and the Duke basketball team.
- Management of arthritis of the hip and knee
- Primary and revision hip and knee replacement surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
Awards & Honors
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society (2014)
- AAHKS James A. Rand Young Investigator Award (2007)
- UCSF Exceptional Physician Award (2007)
- ABJS Marshall Urist Young Investigator Award (2007)
- OREF Career Development Award (2006)
- OREF Clinical Research Award (2006)
- American Orthopaedic Association North American Traveling Fellowship Award (2005)
- OREF Health Services Fellowship (2003)
- AAOS/OREF Clinician Scientist Traveling Fellowship Award (2003)
- Zimmer-OREF Career Development Award (2001)