Kavitha Kumbum, MD
Gastroenterologist , Medical Specialties Clinic
Hindi, Spanish, Telugu
Kurnool Medical College, India, M.D.
Residency, Internal Medicine, Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Fellowship, Gastroenterology, Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Kavitha Kumbum, MD is a gastroenterologist and hepatologist in the UT Health Austin Medical Specialties Clinic. She received her medical degree from the Kurnool Medical College in India, with a 4th year clinical rotation in Staten Island University Hospital, New York City and Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia. She completed her internship and residency in internal medicine and fellowship in gastroenterology at Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine New York City. In addition to her clinical practice, Dr. Kumbum has published several articles and taught medical students in New York and now at the Dell Medical School. She is a member of the American College of Gastroenterology, American Gastroenterology Association and the American Society of Gastroenterology and Endoscopy.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy including single balloon enteroscopy
- ERCP including sphincterotomy and stent placement
- Esophageal and colonic dilatation
- Esophageal and other intestinal stent placement
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy
- Capsule endoscopy
- Esophageal Manometry
- Esophageal pH testing
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Subspecialty Gastroenterology