Jessica Hovland, DNP, RN, CPAN, NE-BC, PMGT-BC
Administrative Director, Ambulatory Surgery Center
Registered Nurse, Ambulatory Surgery Center
University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences, DNP, Nurse Executive Leadership
West Coast University, BSN
Practicum Training, Nurse Executive Leadership, Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian, Newport Beach
Biography and Education
Jessica Hovland, DNP, RN, CPAN, NE-BC, PMGT-BC, is a licensed registered nurse and the Administrative Director for UT Health Austin’s Ambulatory Surgery Center. She specializes in organizational and system leadership and has expertise in developing patient- and family-centered care approaches. In her role, she ensures the accountability for the quality of outpatient perioperative health care and patient safety.
Jessica Hovland earned her bachelor’s degree in nursing from West Coast University and her doctor of nursing practice degree with a focus in nurse executive leadership from the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences . She also completed practicum training in nurse executive leadership at Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian, Newport Beach.
Jessica Hovland’s advanced nursing practice background promotes ongoing improvement of health outcomes and access to health care for diverse patient populations. When pursuing her DNP, her research involved blending multimodal analgesia and virtual reality to offer surgical patients a non-opioid treatment option to postoperative pain, creating an innovative approach to pain management.
- American Board of Perianesthesia Certification, Certified Post Anesthesia Nurse
- American Nurses Credentialing Center, Pain Management Nursing Certification
- American Nurses Credentialing Center, Nurse Executive Certification
- Texas Board of Nursing, Licensed Registered Nurse
Awards & Honors
- Julia Argyros Center for Nursing Excellence Scholarship, Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian, Newport Beach
- DNP Nursing Scholarship, University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
- 1st Place Evidence-Based Practice Poster, Association of periOperative Registered Nurses
UT Health Austin Clinics
Health Transformation Building
1601 Trinity Street, Bldg. A
Austin, TX 78712
View On Map
News and Interviews
- Becker’s ASC Review (February 5, 2021)
Jessica Hovland shares what she feels negatively impacts workplace culture and how she overcomes those challenges. Read about it here.