Hitesh Agrawal, MD
Interventional Cardiologist, Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease
B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan, Nepal, MD
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, MBA
Residency, Pediatrics, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
Fellowship, Pediatric Cardiology, Texas Children’s Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine
Fellowship, Interventional Catheterization, Texas Children’s Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine
Biography and Education
Hitesh Agrawal, MD, MBA, is a board-certified interventional cardiologist in the Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease, a clinical partnership between Dell Children’s Medical Center and UT Health Austin. He specializes in catheter-based interventions for children and adults with complex congenital heart disease and patients who have received a heart transplant, coronary artery anomalies, and pulmonary vein stenosis. Additionally, Dr. Agrawal is an assistant professor in the Dell Medical School Department of Pediatrics.
Dr. Agrawal earned his medical degree from B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences in Dharan, Nepal and his master’s in business from The University of Tennessee Haslam College of Business. He completed a residency in pediatrics at John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County, a fellowship in pediatric cardiology, and an advanced fellowship in interventional cardiology at Texas Children’s Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine.
Dr. Agrawal’s research interests involve clinical outcomes of various congenital heart diseases, including congenital coronary anomalies, and he has presented and published numerous peer-reviewed scientific journal articles. He received the Best Oral Abstract Award at the 2020 Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI) conference for his work titled “Role of transcatheter closure of PDA compared to surgical ligation in premature neonates: Clinical outcomes and cost analysis.” He is also a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American College of Cardiology, the American Heart Association, the SCAI, and the Travis County Medical Society as well as other prestigious institutions.
Dr. Hitesh Agrawal is an interventional cardiologist with UT Health Austin.
- Pediatric cardiology
- Pediatric interventional cardiology
- The American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatrics
- The American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatric Cardiology
Awards & Honors
- Best Oral Abstract Award, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions
- Dr. Robert M. Winslow Sponsorship
- Government of India Medical School Scholarship
- Finalist for the Outstanding Investigator Award at 2017 Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Department of Cardiology
- Merit Scholarship for Excellent Performance in Medical School Entrance Exam
- Scholarship for Physician Executive MBA Program
- Steven Goldberg “Best Teacher Award,” Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital Cardiology Fellowship Program