Claire Selinger, MD
Psychiatrist, UT Health Austin Pediatric Psychiatry at Dell Children’s
The University of Texas at San Antonio, MD
Rice University, BA, Art History and Policy Studies in Health
Residency, Psychiatry, Stanford University Medical Center
Fellowship, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Stanford University Medical Center
Biography and Education
Claire Selinger, MD, is a board-certified child and adolescent psychiatrist in UT Health Austin Pediatric Psychiatry at Dell Children’s. Additionally, Dr. Selinger is an assistant professor in the Dell Medical School Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences.
Dr. Selinger earned her medical degree from The University of Texas at San Antonio and her bachelor’s in art history and policy studies in health from Rice University. She completed both a residency in clinical psychiatry and a fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry at the Stanford University Medical Center.
Dr. Selinger was an affiliate professor in the Department of Psychiatry at Stanford University, where she was the clinical supervisor of the child psychiatry fellows. She was also recognized as a Kaiser Physician Award Winner and named a Health Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) Champion within her former practice at The Permanente Medical Group, where she focused on managing four metrics of clinical excellence for child psychiatry patients. She currently serves as an active member of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Psychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Awards & Honors
- Educational Outreach Award, American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry for Medical Students, American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Klein Award for Outstanding Case Study
- Psychiatry Department Award for Excellence, The University of Texas at San Antonio