Audrey Baum, MSN, WHNP-BC
Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner , Women’s Health Institute
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner Program
Texas A&M University, MSN
Audrey Baum, MSN, WHNP-BC, is a licensed women’s health nurse practitioner in UT Health Austin’s Women’s Health Institute. She has more than 20 years of experience in women’s health and spent the last 10 years specializing in pelvic health issues, including pelvic organ prolapse, urinary incontinence, sexual dysfunction, and chronic vulvar/vaginal syndromes.
Ms. Baum earned her master’s in nursing from Texas A&M-Corpus Christi University and her bachelor’s in nursing from Texas Women’s University, where she was inducted into the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing. She graduated summa cum laude from both universities. She completed her women’s healthcare nurse practitioner program at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
Ms. Baum engaged in clinical research with publication while at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and currently serves as a preceptor for Advanced Practice nursing students. She is active in community education, conducting presentations on various health topics, participating in BlogTalk radio interviews, and contributing articles to websites focused on women’s health. She is also a member of the Austin Area Nurse Practitioners’ Association.
- Accidental urinary or bowel leakage (incontinence)
- Pain disorders (interstitial cystitis, vulvodynia, endometriosis)
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Recurrent infections: urinary tract, vulvovaginal
- Vulvar skin disorders (lichen sclerosis, lichen planus)
- Well-woman care
- National Certification Corporation for the Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing Specialties
Awards & Honors
- Austin Area Nurse Practitioner Alliance
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing