Akua Afriyie-Gray, MD, FACOG
Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecologist, Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago, MD
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, BS
Residency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Georgetown University Medical Center
Biography and Education
Akua Afriyie-Gray, MD, is a subspecialty-trained pediatric and adolescent gynecologist in Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, a clinical partnership between Dell Children’s Medical Center and UT Health Austin. Additionally, Dr. Afriyie-Gray is an associate professor in the Dell Medical School Department of Women’s Health.
Dr. Afriyie-Gray received her medical degree from the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago and her bachelor’s from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. She completed a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Georgetown University Medical Center and subspecialty training in pediatric and adolescent gynecology at MedStar Washington Hospital Center and Children’s National Medical Center.
Dr. Afriyie-Gray has presented multiple times nationally at the Association of Professors of Obstetrics and Gynecology (APOG), where she was recently accepted into the APOG’s prestigious Academic Scholars and Leaders Program, the National Medical Association, and the North American Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology Annual Meetings and serves on multiple related committees. Her research has focused on medical education and pediatric and adolescent gynecology. She was also awarded the “Shining Star” for Excellent Patient Care at Memorial Hospital of Carbondale and the “Shining Star” for Exemplary Patient Care at Georgetown University Medical Center. She is a member of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, the Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics, the National Medical Association, and the North American Society of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology.
Dr. Afriyie-Gray is a pediatric and adolescent gynecologist with UT Health Austin.
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecologic services
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Focused Practice Designation in Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
Awards & Honors
- Distinguished African American Physician, Harlem Fine Arts Show
- Magis Star Award for Patient Care, Loyola University Medical Center
- Scholars and Leaders Program, Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- “Shining Star” for Excellent Patient Care, Memorial Hospital of Carbondale
- “Shining Star” for Exemplary Patient Care, Georgetown University Medical Center