Insurance Plans we Accept
These are the current insurance plans that UT Health Austin accepts. We will update this list as we contract with additional insurance providers. To verify that we accept your particular insurance plan, please call the UT Health Austin Access and Outcomes Center at 1-833-288-2737.
UTHA Contracted Insurance Plans
In Network Insurance
- Accountable Health Plan/Interplan (SPHN)
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Aetna PPO/HMO***
- Aetna Seton Health Alliance
- Beech Street PPO (SPHN)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Essentials/Blue Essentials Access - Exchange Plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice PPO/UT Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Advantage HMO***/Health Select***
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PAR Plan
- CCC MAP/Sliding Fee Scale
- Cigna- All plans
- Coventry (SPHN)
- Dell Children’s Health Plan STAR/CHIP
- EHN/WEB TPA - (Whole Foods)
- First Health (SPHN)
- First Care Access PPO Network (SPHN)
- Firstcare HMO*** (SPHN)
- Galaxy (SPHN)
- Health Payors Organization (SPHN)
- Healthsmart (SPHN)
- Humana Medicare Advantage- all plans EXCEPT Humana Medicare Gold Plus. ***Out of network for all Humana Medicare HMO Plans
- Humana HMOx
- Humana PPO/HMO***/Choice Care
- Integrated Medical Systems PPO (SPHN)
- Medicare Part B Traditional fee for service (Novitas)
- Multiplan (SPHN) (***PHCS is out of network)
- Oscar Healthcare (SPHN)
- Seton Health Plan Smarthealth
- Superior Health Plan STAR/CHIP/STAR KIDS
- Tricare (Prime & Select [previously Standard]) - Prime patients will need a referral prior to making an appointment
- United Healthcare AARP
- United Healthcare Community Plan - Medicaid
- United Healthcare One
- United Healthcare Medicare
- United Healthcare All Savers/Choice/Choice Plus/HMO***/PPO
- United Student Resources PPO (SPHN)
- USA Managed Care (SPHN)
***All HMO plans require a referral.
How does the billing process work?
Prior to Appointment
- UT Health Austin will verify your insurance.
- Check with your health insurance carrier for final determination regarding specific covered services since they are subject to change.
Day of Service
- Bring a personal ID and your insurance card.
- Notify staff of any additional medical insurance coverage.
- Verify your correct mailing address and let the staff know of any other changes since your last visit (phone numbers, employer, etc.).
- Applicable co-payments, co-insurance and deductible amounts will be collected.
- You will receive an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from your carrier.
- UT Health Austin will send you a bill for any remaining financial obligation not paid by your health plan.