- Payment Options
- Self Pay/Uninsured Options
- Billing Process
- Bill Payment
- Charity Care and Financial Assistance
- Insurance Plans
UT Health Austin accepts most insurance plans in Central Texas. For patients without insurance, or who prefer to pay cash, we offer self-pay options. Self-pay patients are offered a prompt pay discount or payment plans. For questions about our payment options, please ask an Access and Outcomes team member when you call.
A patient who is uninsured and has no third party option will receive the following options:
- 38% discount off UT Health Austin Fee Schedule in exchange for payment in full at the time of service, or
- 25% discount off UT Health Austin Fee Schedule in exchange for establishing or establishing and adhering to a payment plan.
- Patients will complete and sign an Uninsured Document Form.
The discounts above will be revoked if:
- Payment in full is not made or payment plan is not established.
- Original fees will be reinstated if payment plan is not honored until payment in full is reached.
For additional details, please review the details of the UT Health Austin Uninsured/Self-Pay Policy here.
Prior to Appointment
- UT Health Austin will verify your insurance.
- Check with your health insurance carrier for final determination regarding specific covered services since they are subject to change.
Day of Service
- Bring a personal ID and your insurance card.
- Notify staff of any additional medical insurance coverage.
- Verify your correct mailing address and let the staff know of any other changes since your last visit (phone numbers, employer, etc.).
- Applicable co-payments, co-insurance and deductible amounts will be collected.
- You will receive an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from your carrier.
- UT Health Austin will send you a bill for any remaining financial obligation not paid by your health plan.
UT Health Austin (UTHA) is committed to helping prospective patients access our care in a financially sustainable manner. Patients without current insurance coverage can receive assistance with determining eligibility for potential coverage options or may choose to participate in a self-pay plan.
As a state organization and part of The University of Texas System, charity care is available to residents of the State of Texas. Qualification is indexed to the Federal Poverty Index Level (FPIL), and potential patients must demonstrate that their income and relevant assets are at or below 200% of FPIL, pro-rated by family size. In 2019, 200% of FPIL is $51,500 annually for a family of four. In addition, proof of residency is required in the form of a driver’s license, social security card, and other accepted forms here. Complete details of the UTHA Charity Care and Financial Assistance policy are available here.
If you believe you may be eligible for UTHA financial assistance, please schedule an appointment with a UTHA financial counselor. The financial counselor can assist you with determining eligibility for other coverage programs as well as UTHA charity care. Please call 512-495-5875 for assistance. You may also fill out the form below and a member of our team will contact you. Financial Assistance Contact Form
Patients who do not qualify for Charity Care and cannot meet self-pay scheduled payments may be referred to:
- Non-Acute Needs
- Acute Need
Price Transparency for COVID-19 Diagnostic Testing
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act includes a number of provisions to provide relief to the public from issues caused by the pandemic, including price transparency for COVID -19 testing. Section 3202(b) of the CARES Act requires providers of diagnostic tests for COVID-19 to post the cash price for a COVID-19 diagnostic test on their website from March 27 through the end of the public health emergency. For more information, see the FAQs.
At UT Health Austin the self-pay cost for COIVD-19 screening and testing is $80.00 plus an additional lab charge for Clinical Pathology Laboratories of $70.00.
Insurance Plans we Accept
These are the insurance plans that UT Health Austin currently accepts. This list will be updated as we contract with additional insurance providers. To verify that we accept your particular insurance plan, please call the UT Health Austin Access and Outcomes Center at 1-833-882-2737.
Disclaimer: Insurance plans are subject to change at anytime and without notice. A patient’s level of coverage depends on the specific benefits described in their plan. Patients are responsible for verifying that UT Health Austin is a participating provider and that their benefits plan allows them access to care on the day of their first scheduled visit. Please contact your insurance plan or benefits administrator to verify this information.
UTHA Accepted Insurance Plans (In-Network Insurance)
- AARP Medicare Complete Focus HMO
- AARP Medicare Complete Focus Essential HMO
- Accountable Health Plan/Interplan
- Aetna Whole Health
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Aetna PPO/HMO
- Aetna Seton Health Alliance
- Ambetter-Superior Health Plan -Exchange Plan
- Beech Street PPO (SPHN)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Essentials/Blue Essentials Access - Exchange Plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice PPO/UT Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Advantage HMO/Health Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PAR Plan
- CCC MAP/MAP BASIC – (limited to the Musculoskeletal Institute and Women’s Health Institute)
- Cigna- All plans
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Coventry (SPHN)
- Dell Children’s Health Plan STAR/CHIP
- EHN/WEB TPA - (Whole Foods)
- First Health (SPHN)
- First Care Access PPO Network (SPHN)
- Firstcare HMO (SPHN)
- Galaxy (SPHN)
- Health Payors Organization (SPHN)
- Healthsmart (SPHN)
- Humana Medicare Advantage- all plans EXCEPT Humana Medicare Gold Plus. Out of network for all Humana Medicare HMO Plans
- Humana HMOx
- Humana PPO/HMO/Choice Care
- Integrated Medical Systems PPO (SPHN)
- Medicare Part B Traditional fee for service (Novitas)
- Multiplan (HCS is out of network)
- Oscar Healthcare
- Sendero IdealCare
- Seton Health Plan Smarthealth
- Superior Health Plan STAR/CHIP/STAR KIDS
- United Healthcare AARP PPO
- United Healthcare Community Plan - Medicaid
- United Healthcare Dual Complete Focus HMO
- United Healthcare One
- United Healthcare Medicare
- United Healthcare All Savers/Choice/Choice Plus/HMO/PPO
- United Student Resources PPO (SPHN)
- USA Managed Care (SPHN)