We are excited to announce that UT Health Austin supports Health records on iPhone, which is available to patients with an iPhone running iOS 11.3 or later.
Health Records on iPhone makes it easy to access and visualize key parts of your health records, including allergies, conditions, immunizations, labs, medications, procedures and vitals.
Setup is simple. Getting your health records from UT Health Austin into your iPhone is as easy as going to the Health Records section of the Health app, searching for our institution, and then logging in with the user name and password that you normally use to access your account at our institution.
If you don’t already have a user name and password, you can create one by calling our Access and Outcomes Center at 1-833-882-2737 and establishing login credentials.
- After you log in once, your health records will start to appear in the Health app, and you will be notified when new records are ready to view.
- Your health record data is kept secure, because it is encrypted and protected with the passcode, Touch ID or Face ID on your iPhone.
The Health app on iPhone allows you to easily access and visualize your health records in the Health app on iPhone. See important data across seven categories — allergies, conditions, immunizations, lab results, medications, procedures, and vitals — in a simple, aggregated timeline view.
- Keep your data secure
- Health record data is encrypted and protected with a passcode,Touch ID or Face ID on your iPhone
- See category-specific details relevant to each data category are available, such as:
- Prescriber name and dosage instructions for medications
- Reason, outcome, and complications for procedures
- Status and severity of conditions
- Severity of allergy reactions
- Reason for immunizations
- Reference ranges for lab results and vitals
- Stay up to date with your health
- Establishing a connection with your hospital or clinic enables you to download historical and future health records
- When new records are available from connected institutions, they show up in the Health app — you don’t have to do anything
- Receive notifications so you’re always informed when new records are available
- Aggregate health records through patient portals
- Your existing patient portal connects you to a variety of services for a given institution
- The Health app on iPhone lets you aggregate health records across multiple institutions
- The Health app also shows activity, heart rate, nutrition, and other health data consolidated from iPhone, Apple Watch, and third-party apps
- Connect to more institutions over time
- An initial group of hospitals and clinics supports this feature on iPhone
- Additional institutions will be joining over the coming months
- You can find out whether an institution is supported by checking the Health Records section of the Health app