UT Health Austin is committed to providing care to the people of Austin and Travis County. To find out if UT Health Austin is in-network with your insurance, please call 1-833-UT-CARES.
Prior to Appointment
- UT Health Austin will verify your insurance.
- Check with your health insurance carrier for final determination regarding specific covered services since they are subject to change.
Day of Service
- Bring a personal ID and your insurance card.
- Notify staff of any additional medical insurance coverage.
- Verify your correct mailing address and let the staff know of any other changes since your last visit (phone numbers, employer, etc.).
- Applicable co-payments, co-insurance and deductible amounts will be collected.
- You will receive an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from your carrier.
- UT Health Austin will send you a bill for any remaining financial obligation not paid by your health plan.
If UT Health Austin services are not covered by a patient’s insurance, or the patient does not have insurance, there is an option to self-pay. Self-pay patients are offered a prompt pay discount if services are paid in full at the time of service.