Samantha C. Shapiro, MD
Rheumatologist , Musculoskeletal Institute
Some French , Some Spanish
Baylor College of Medicine, MD
Residency, Internal Medicine , Osler Medical Training Program at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Fellowship, Rheumatology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Samantha Shapiro, MD, is a board-certified rheumatologist in UT Health Austin’s Musculoskeletal Institute. She specializes in caring for patients with a wide array of rheumatologic conditions. Additionally, Dr. Shapiro is an assistant professor in the Dell Medical School Department of Internal Medicine.
Dr. Shapiro earned her medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine. She completed both a residency in internal medicine and a fellowship in rheumatology at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
Dr. Shapiro is actively involved in medical student and resident education at the Dell Medical School and is known as an energetic and entertaining educator.
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Sjögren’s syndrome
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Systemic sclerosis
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Rheumatology
Awards & Honors
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- The Harry and Rose Caplovitz Internal Medicine Award, Baylor College of Medicine
- Gold Humanism Honor Society