Robert Feinstein, MD
Psychiatrist, Integrated Behavioral Health , Mulva Clinic for the Neurosciences
New York University, M.D.
Robert Feinstein, MD is an Integrated Behavioral Health psychiatrist at UT Health Austin. His most recent edited book, “Integrating Behavioral Health and Primary Care” was published by Oxford University Press in 2017. He has 20 years of experience working with Integrated Mental Health Care teams, programs, systems, and primary care. As an educator he has won multiple education awards at 5 academic centers. He was former Senior Associate Dean at Colorado School of Medicine and Director of Psychiatry Residency Training at New York Medical College. As a clinician he has a general adult faculty practice and works as an executive coach for faculty. Dr. Feinstein also serves as Associate Chair of Education Department of Psychiatry and Professor of Psychiatry in the Dell Medical School.
- Integrated Mental and Behavioral Health
- Psychiatric & Medical Education
- Psychotherapy & Psychopharmacology
- Suicide & Violence Prevention
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology
- Psychoanalyst; Columbia Center for Psychoanalytic Training & Research Columbia University College of Physician’s & Surgeons
Awards & Honors
- President’s Teaching Scholar, University of Colorado, Denver, 2011-present
- Teichner Scholar: The American Academy of Psychoanalysis and Dynamic Psychiatry, 2014-present
- University of Colorado Hospital President’s Leadership Award, 2014
- American Psychiatric Association “Irma Bland Award for Excellence in Teaching Residents”, 2014