Yvette Williams-Brown, MD, MMS, FACOG
Gynecologic Oncologist , Livestrong Cancer Insitutes
Gynecologic Oncologist , Women’s Health Institute
Tulane University, MD
The University of Texas Medical Branch, MMS, Biomedical Sciences
Residency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Texas Medical Branch
Fellowship, Gynecologic Oncology, The University of Texas Medical Branch
Biography and Education
Yvette Williams-Brown, MD, is a board-certified Gynecologic Oncologist in UT Health Austin’s LIVESTRONG Cancer Institutes and UT Health Austin’s Women’s Health Institute. Additionally, Dr. Williams-Brown is an associate professor in both the Dell Medial School Department of Women’s Health and the Dell Medical Department of Oncology.
Dr. Williams-Brown earned her medical degree from Tulane University and her Master of Medical Science degree with a focus in biomedical sciences from The University of Texas Medical Branch. She also completed both a residency in obstetrics and gynecology and a fellowship in gynecologic oncology at The University of Texas Medical Branch.
Dr. Williams-Brown is passionate about mentoring the next generation of physicians and plays an active role at the Dell Medical School as a career advisor and an Academic Society Coach. Her community and research interests involve improving health care delivery so that it is more equitable and inclusive, particularly in relation to women’s health.
- Gynecologic oncology
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology
Awards & Honors
- Excellence in Teaching, Dell Medical School Department of Women’s Health
- National Faculty Award for Excellence in Resident Education, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology (CREOG)
- Texas Super Doctors, Texas Monthly
- Top Ten Super Doctors, Austin Black Business Journal and Community News Magazine