Linda A. Feagins, MD
Gastroenterologist , Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Medical Specialties
Baylor College of Medicine, M.D.
Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Fellowship, Gastroenterology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Linda A. Feagins, MD is a gastroenterologist in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD) UT Health Austin Gastroenterology. She has clinical expertise in providing care for patients with IBD (Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, indeterminate colitis) and is a prolific speaker, writer and researcher in this field. She has been active nationally, serving on several National Scientific Advisory Committees for the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation, sitting on the FDA Related Matters Committee for the American College of Gastroenterology and spotlighting the latest research by serving on the Digestive Disease Week Abstract Selection Committee for the American Gastroenterological Association. She also served 5-years on the Gastrointestinal Drug Advisory Board for the FDA when several of the recently approved drugs for IBD were undergoing review. Dr. Feagins serves as an Associate Professor of Medicine in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Dell Medical School.
A native Texan, Dr. Feagins grew up in Houston and obtained her undergraduate degree in biomedical engineering with a double major in molecular biology from Vanderbilt University. She then returned home to attend medical school at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston before moving to Dallas, where she trained in both internal medicine and gastroenterology prior to joining the faculty at UT Southwestern Medical Center and the Dallas VA. Dr. Feagins came to Austin from UT Southwestern, where she was an associate professor in the Department of Medicine. She was also the director of the IBD program at the VA North Texas from 2008 until 2019.
- Crohn’s Disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Microscopic colitis
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease trials
- Upper endoscopy
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Subspecialty Board on Gastroenterology
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Awards & Honors
- Fellow, American College of Gastroenterology, 2019
- Fellow, American Gastroenterology Association, 2016
- AGA Women’s Leadership Conference, 2015
- UT Southwestern LEAD Program 2012
- CCFA National Visiting Fellow IBD Program, UCSF, 2008
- GRG/AGA Fellow Travel Award, 2007 and 2005
- AGA Academic Skills Workshop, 2005
- NIH T32 Trainee, UT Southwestern, 2003-2005