James Baker, MD, MBA
Psychiatrist , UT Health Austin Pediatric Psychiatry at Dell Children’s
Austin, TX 78723
The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, MD
Houston Baptist University, MBA
Residency, General Psychiatry, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Fellowship, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Baylor College of Medicine
Dr. James Baker is a board-certified child and adolescent psychiatrist in UT Health Austin Pediatric Psychiatry at Dell Children’s. With over twenty years of experience, he specializes in behavioral health. Additionally, Dr. Baker is an associate professor and serves as the Associate Chair of Clinical Integration and Services for the Dell Medical School Department of Psychiatry.
Dr. Baker earned his medical degree from The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine. He completed a residency in general psychiatry at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston and a fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry at Baylor College of Medicine.
Dr. Baker has served as Chief Executive Officer of the community mental health center for Dallas County and as Medical Director for Behavioral Health with the Texas Department of State Health Services. His is also a Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, a recipient of the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill Exemplary Psychiatrist Award, and a recipient of the Mental Health America of Greater Dallas Pamela Blumenthal Memorial Award for long-term commitment to quality of care and delivery of services to people with mental illnesses.
- Child and adolescent psychiatry
- Intellectual and developmental disabilities
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Psychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Awards & Honors
- Distinguished Life Fellow, American Psychiatric Association
- Exemplary Psychiatrist Award, National Alliance for the Mentally Ill
- Pamela Blumenthal Memorial Award, Mental Health America of Greater Dallas