James Baker, MD, MBA
Psychiatrist , Mulva Clinic for the Neurosciences
Houston Baptist University, Houston, Texas, MBA
University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma City, M.D.
Fellowship, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Baylor College of Medicine
Residency, General Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center Houston
Dr. James Baker is a child/adolescent psychiatrist at UT Health Austin’s Mulva Clinic for the Neurosciences. He has over twenty years of medical administrative experience in behavioral health, including service as Chief Executive Officer of the community mental health center for Dallas County and as Medical Director for Behavioral Health with the Texas Department of State Health Services. Dr. Baker is a Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and a recipient of the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill Exemplary Psychiatrist Award as well as the Mental Health America of Greater Dallas Pamela Blumenthal Memorial Award for long-term commitment to quality of care and delivery of services to people with mental illnesses.
- Child and adolescent psychiatry
- Intellectual and developmental disabilities
- General Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Child/Adolescent Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Awards & Honors
- Distinguished Life Fellow, American Psychiatric Association
- Exemplary Psychiatrist Award (National Alliance for the Mentally Ill) (1999)
- Pamela Blumenthal Memorial Award Mental Health America of Greater Dallas (2008)