Ellen Bleiweiss, MSN, APRN, PMHNP-BC
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, UT Health Austin Pediatric Psychiatry at Dell Children’s
The University of Texas at Austin, MSN, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program
The University of Texas at Austin, BA, French
Biography and Education
Ellen Bleiweiss, MSN, APRN, PMHNP-BC, is a licensed psychiatric nurse practitioner in UT Health Austin Pediatric Psychiatry at Dell Children’s. She specializes in working with patients who have experienced traumatic events though her practice is comprehensive in treatment of mood disorders, anxiety, OCD, ADHD, and psychotic disorders.
Ellen Bleiweiss earned her master’s in nursing at The University of Texas at Austin, where she completed a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner program. Her master’s research focused on the practical applications and barriers to screening for adverse childhood events in various healthcare settings, and her training focused on acute inpatient psychiatric care and family systems therapy. She also has a history of working in various pediatric psychiatry settings and sexual assault forensics.
Ellen Bleiweiss is a founding member of Nurses for Racial Justice and an active member of the International Association of Forensic Nurses. She was president of the Association of Nurses in Graduate School. She is an active grant-review committee member of Impact Austin.
- Pediatric psychiatry
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association, Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Certification with Prescriptive Authority
- Texas Board of Nursing, Licensed Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Texas Board of Nursing, Licensed Registered Nurse
Awards & Honors
- Dell Medical School Integrated Behavioral Health Scholar
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing